14 February 2011

Buy HDB Flat with Foreigner Spouse


You are a Singaporean Citizen (SC) and you are planning to buy a HDB flat with your Foreigner Spouse (FS) who is holding a social visit pass or work permit.

What Can You Buy

For a SC/FS household, you are not allowed to purchase subsidized housing. Subsidized housing refers to any housing that is bought directly from HDB.

List of subsidized housing
  • New flats from Build-to-Order (BTO).
  • A flat from Sale of Balance Flats.
  • Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS).
  • Executive Condominium (EC).
But you can buy a Resale Flat from the open market and you must buy under Non-Citizen Spouse Scheme.

Note that you can buy a subsidized flat if your spouse is a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR).

CPF Housing Grant

As a SC/FS household, only the Singaporean is eligible for housing grant i.e. Singles Grant of S$11,000.

UPDATE: For resale applications received on or after 15 Aug 2011, the grant amount will be S$15,000.

No comments: