Singles and Singaporeans with Foreign Spouse May Now Buy Direct from HDB (BTO)

Source

But limited to 2-room units in non-mature estate, that's okay, but what I read next was puzzling.

If you are buying a 2-room flat in non-mature estates under the Built-To-Order System (BTO) exercise under the Single Singapore Citizen Scheme, Non-Citizen Spouse Scheme and Joint Singles Scheme, you must be at least 35 years old at the time of application.

This kind of regulation baffles me, why 35? Who came up with this magic number? Don't anyone realize that we have to wait for a few years before we can actually move in? Well unless they have ready-built units then fine, buy at 35 move in at 35, but even so, why 35?

If you think about how married couples can buy at the age of 21, or even buy before marriage (Fiance/Fiancee Scheme), then this 35 thing is absolutely rubbish. Aren't we all Singaporeans? What do I lack as compared to them? I did what I'm supposed to do, I am married, I want to have children, the only "problem" is my wife is a foreigner. I don't mind 2-room, I can leave the bigger flats for our fellow Singaporean couples, I can even forgo any housing grant and give it to them, but this 35 thing is just too much.

No offense to fellow Singaporean couples, but if you would look at it from my perspective, I'm sure any reasonable Singaporeans would be pissed off.

And what about single parents? They still have to struggle to the age of 35, apply a 2-room BTO, wait for 3 years to finally move in? Wow, very helpful, I'm very sarcastic in case you didn't notice.

This HDB always tries their best to piss people off, and I find it very disturbing that this is one thing they are really good at.

Comments

makz said…
i wish all the best for you and your wife. take care!
Thanks, wish you the best too.

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore