On Standby Thanks to Anonymous

Today my boss informed me that I will be on standby in case Anonymous decides to do something funny, great, now I have to be on mobile phone standby, anything happens I may be activated to go check our server stuff, damn, why me, there's like two other guys who can do it too and these days I'm quite busy with a new system implementation and production support for another system, I sure hope nothing spectacular happen, or even if something does happen, better not be our system!

I find it quite amusing that one video can cause everyone to be on high alert, we don't even know whether the video is real or prank, but better to be safe than sorry I know. The person or group who produced it sure have a lot of guts to issue a threat to our government, I think here in Singapore, we have incredibly strict laws, this kind of threat will be taken very seriously, see even our PM is getting serious,

"Our IT (information technology) network, the Internet, our communications have become an essential part of our business and our lives now. And, therefore, when somebody threatens to do harm to it... we take that very seriously and we will spare no effort to try and track down the culprits and if we can find him, we will bring him to justice and he will be dealt with severely." - PM Lee.

So now the big boss has given the word, they better not get caught, I bet the prosecutors will make it a point to dish out the maximum punishment, and we have the highly controversial Internal Security Act, who knows what our government will do with that. You can read about the threat transcript here.

"For every single time you deprive a citizen his right to information, we will cost you financial loss by aggressive cyber intrusion." - Anonymous

That's no way to send a message, causing damage just to make a point? Please no. When our nation suffers a financial loss, whose money do you think that is? The people's money, all the GST, income tax, property tax, road tax, COE, ERP, all these money comes from the people, dealing the government a financial blow is the same as dealing us a financial blow, for most people, it's our hard-earned money, if Anonymous thinks that Singaporeans will be grateful, think again, maybe the kids here who have yet to join the workforce will cheer for you, but I for one will not be grateful, I would rather you stay away from us, let us deal with our own problem our own way, the complain way, the voting way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks