Update Passport Details to ICA after Renewal

Earlier on, Singapore Thai embassy informed my wife that her passport is ready for collection, so yesterday she went to collect but I forgot to tell her that she also need to update her passport details to ICA as it is a terms and condition of long term pass,
Terms & Conditions of Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP)
"You are required to notify ICA if there is any change in your passport particulars or place of residence within 14 days of the change. You can report a change of address online through your local sponsor via e-Update of Address."

And seems like I can only update address online, can't find any function to perform passport update, so I accompanied my wife to ICA today. The process is very simple.

1. Photocopy both the old and new passports' page with photograph, and also photocopy front and back of the LTVP/LTVP+.
2. Proceed to the counter at Level 4 Visitor Services Centre, go to the left side where there is a blue uniformed officer, only that officer can handle the passport update. If you go to the clerk on the right, they will direct you to that officer anyway.
3. That's it, I asked for a receipt but that officer said they do not give out receipt.

The whole process took no more than 20 minutes including queuing up.

So if you collect your passport at Thai embassy, also remember to make a trip to ICA to update your passport so you don't have make two trips. By the way you don't need the sponsor, the LTVP/LTVP+ holder can also do the update by herself/himself, I accompanied my wife because I'm afraid she is not sure of what to do.

ICA should also come up with a passport update service for LTVP/LTVP+ holder, I googled and found that PR can update their passport online through the e-REP system, I think it will be quite easy to implement, they can also throw in a upload digital scan of the passport if they want to, I'm sure they already have existing code to do that, this will make our lives easier.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank u for your information...:)
Yosa said…
Thanks for the info :)
Anonymous said…
Hi, is it necessary that the LTVP holder needs to be there to change the passport details? Can I (the sponsor) do the update on her behalf? Currently my wife is overseas and she has the new passport with her and I am here in Singapore. Does ICA ask you for the original passport for verification or just the photocopy is enough? Plz share with me if u know. Thanks.
Hi,

The LTVP holder needs to be present with her passport, they need to verify the original passport, so you cannot do it for her.
Anonymous said…
Do they require the LTVP holder's signature in anything? What if I have my wife send her passport over to sg? Can I then go to ICA by myself and update?
Hi,

I don't think they will allow you to do the update on her behalf, ICA is very strict on this kind of stuff, but you can call them first, check first before you plan anything just to be safe, their hotline is 6391 6100.
Anonymous said…
Thanks, will do that. Appreciate your help! :)
Anonymous said…
Thanks so much for posting this information. I got mine done today with all the documents prepared (as you've mentioned) and it was easy. Thanks again for sharing this very useful piece of info.
Peter said…
Hi! Can the sponsor do the update passport details on behalf of the LTVP holder? Should the LTVP holder be present there in the ICA to get the passport details updated? Appreciate your advice/experience in this regard. Thanks.
Hi Peter,

I'm not sure about that, I remember the passport owner need to sign, not sure can authorize sponsor or not, but you can call ICA before making a trip down there.
Anonymous said…
hi i already have my ltvp+ card with my maiden name but status is already married when i apply in ICA.. im planning to change my surname to my husband now (as what my country custom is that if you are married, wife will have the husbands surname) but il have to update to the embassy first and get a new passport with my married surname.. is it also the same process as yours?

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore