My Passive Income So Far

Currently I have two sources of passive income, one is from stock dividends, the other is from blogging, both are kind of slow, so ultimately like most people, the biggest source of my income is still from full-time employment, so that is why I always advocate to people to stay employed no matter how low the pay is or how bad the environment is, if you want to quit, ensure you have a job ready before you throw that letter, and low pay is surely better than no pay.

And so unless I have a million dollar to buy stocks, or my blog have traffic like Xia Xue's, otherwise it is very difficult for these two sources to replace the income from my full-time job.

Anyway, I guess it is time to look back and see how I have done so far in terms of passive income.

Year
DividendsBlogging (Adsense)Total Passive Income
ReceivedMthlyReceivedMthlyReceivedMthly
2013$613.00$51.08$0.00$0.00$613.00$51.08
2014$763.70$63.64$125.18$10.43$888.88$74.07
2015$835.68$69.64$334.48$27.87$1,170.16$97.51
2016$750.90$62.58$151.40$12.62$902.30$75.19

As you can see, my passive income is quite miserable, but at least it is improving each year, 2016 will surely outshine 2015 because now only May, still have 7 months to go. Sigh, rat race here I come.

Comments

tan said…
Hey, can I ask you for advise on how to get approval for adsense? Thanks in advance man!!
Hi tan,

No advise needed, you just need a blog and then sign up here:

https://www.google.com/adsense/start/#?modal_active=none
tan said…
hey, thanks for your reply. Yes, I signed up, copy and paste the code but there is no ads appearing. I waited for more than 2 months already.
Hi tan,

You can check out this link here: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/1208336?hl=en
tan said…
hey here,

I tried all the method in the link before, but still cannot.

How long did your first adv appear after you start blogging?
Hi tan,

If you have tried everything and it still doesn't work, I'm not sure what else I can offer.

Anyway my blog is under Blogger, just need to turn on the ads, no need to paste any code, it appears immediately.
tan said…
hey here, ahh ok. thanks for your advise ! I will see how it goes again.

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks