Did Something Crazy Today

Today got so fed up with work I sent my boss resignation notice, told him my last day of work is 17 Oct because 18 Oct is public holiday. Now he is on overseas leave, I think he will probably get a shock when he see my email lol.

The trigger point is an email from my boss's boss, because my boss is on leave so B2 have to cover him. B2 complimented me for "taking ownership of the issue", which he was referring to our systems slowness since last week.

Even though it is a compliment, deep down I thinking kan nin na why am I the only person to take ownership of the issue, the slowness does not just affect my system, it also affects another system, and I am supposed to take charge and deal with all the shit myself, wtf right. Other people have deadlines, as if I don't have? This is not the first time, there is a limit to how much shit a person can take, I don't know how to quantify but I guess this is it.

Well to be fair at least B2 was present during all the big meetings, but only him and me, users pressed him for hourly updates, he no choice arrow me, then I no choice have to do all the shit.

The word "ownership" really got me thinking, seems like whenever there is issue, nobody in our team want to take ownership, like to say don't know, or push to another person, or take forever to follow-up, in the end reach the really jia lat stage then ask me to solve. If I leave the whole team game over. I keep telling them if one day I'm not around then how, nobody listen, I also tired of repeating.

Then experience and skills another big problem, some work 2-3 years but still as if never learn anything, a lot of things still don't know have to ask me, I mean as a professional get $3k to $4k salary it is your duty to take initiative to find out, not as if we don't have internet, go fucking google, or just use your brain to think, difficult? Sometimes feel as if my workplace is a fucking kindergarten.

Attitude another thing, most of the time I feel as if I am the only person who feels any urgency, got this guy he just play with his phone during office hours, or simply just doze off, when he got like so many things I really need him to follow-up. I remember once where he dozed off during a meeting with key users, imagine the shock I got. I mean really, you call yourself a professional?

Really give up.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Seems like you have been unhappy for quite some time. Can start looking for a new job; your skills are in demand, should not be difficult to get another job soon. Wish you all the best!
Yes, actually can tong until now already quite incredible, I think most people already run road long ago. Actually the customer side PM already changed quite a few, it's really not easy especially the users most of the time quite nasty.

Nowadays seems easier to find a new job, maybe can try out the new system, jobsbank or what.

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks