Day 1 at New Job

Today I started my new job, wanted to make a good impression by reaching early so I woke up at 6:30 AM and left my house at around 7:15 AM, but ended up reaching too damn early. Supposed to start at 9 AM but I reached there at around 7:50 AM, the direct bus was much faster than I planned, Google map forecast was 40 mins, but actually took around 24 mins. But good to be early than late, at least now I have a good idea of the morning traffic to work.

So first half of the day was just the usual admin stuff, collect laptop, access card, submit some forms, met up with project director, project manager and team members, everybody was very nice, noticed majority are locals unlike my previous company mostly foreigners. Good thing about working with locals is very easy to connect, don't feel strange at all, especially guys, immediately can tell served NS before, you know la NS guys very easy to click.

Then second half of the day went to project site, they show me how to do timesheet, pretty standard stuff, think it's the norm these days. Then setup environment, get source code and etc. Noticed one of the directors also at the site, think he was there to attend a user meeting, quite surprised because director level don't usually attend user meetings, in my previous company all such meetings are conducted by team lead, even project manager also seldom attend.

Overall quite comfortable at this new job, heck even met one of my ex-colleagues, now in same project, really small world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks