Day 4 at New Job

Today is my 4th day at the new job, so far so good, colleagues have been very kind and helpful, especially the guy assigned to be my mentor to show me how things work at the site, he explained to me progressively so it was easy to understand, but I guess my prior experience also helps a lot so not too difficult for me to digest.

Comparing to my previous company, I think this new company feels more organised, for example who is responsible for what is very clear, unlike my previous company where I have to work in multiple roles at the same time, and my previous company was only paying me one man's salary, and it is lower than my current salary.

And also I find the new team to be very proficient in what they are doing, and also very proactive, so I'm quite impressed, unlike my previous team people were confused, or you waiting for me I waiting for you, or don't know how to do act blur keep quiet, it was pathetic, I mean for professionals to behave in such manner is just embarrassing.

My current project manager is also very kind, today we went for lunch at a really nice restaurant, it was a farewell lunch for an intern, came up to $400+, it was supposed to be split among the team members but he excluded me, citing that I haven't get my salary yet, I told him never mind just include me, but I think in the end he didn't include, actually I don't mind paying but I appreciate his kind gesture, anyway many chance for me to treat him back so I don't worry about it.

I think it is a very good change for me, new job new people new environment, good thing I met this nice bunch of people, also find that they are not the calculative type, go for lunch one person will pay first and the rest pay back later, never worry about not paying back, the person paying don't even chase for it, because the trust is there, my previous team lacked this camaraderie, really sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore