Day 11 at New Job

Today is the 11th day at my new job, so far two hiccups, one was I accidentally deleted quite a number of files in a google drive shared folder via the google drive file stream, but luckily managed to recover, phew, got a warning from the big boss though but I suppose it was well deserved. Another one was the sudden stomach pain last week, but good thing my project manager was very understanding and he covered for me so end up no need to take MC, because now I'm on probation so if take MC is considered unpaid leave.

Other than the hiccups, so far so good, but today got a surprise because the guy who is showing me the ropes tendered his resignation, phew, so now a bit of pressure to quickly pick up more from him before he go because he is the only one who really understands this particular back end functions, but good thing is that most of the stuff that he showed me are stuff that I have worked on previously so technical-wise not too much of an issue, just that the business process and back end logic need more time to explore and understand.

So far my direct superior which is my project manager is very kind and fair, then my colleagues all also ok type, the users that I have met so far are also nice and friendly, the workplace also alright, decent chair, decent table, then everybody have their own scope, not like last time one-man show and some more have to support other projects or teams, I mean I have worked in much harsher environment so this new place is like heaven for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks