Day 15 at New Job

Today marks the completion of 3 weeks into my new job, so far so good, noticed that this week passed by really fast, maybe because I'm starting to blend into the new place, getting to know the people more and understanding more about the the work processes so now feel quite comfortable, which is a good thing I suppose.

But so far my job scope seems to be first level support like sifting through emails related to my scope of work, then log case for developers to fix bug, file request for back end data or log retrievals, tracking cases, replying to enquiries and liaise with users to check stuff. My mentor did code walk-through and gave some briefing on the infrastructure, but other than those, nothing much technical. So now I feel like I'm a helpdesk support lol.

I find it quite strange that they pay me quite well to do these low level stuff lol, I mean a fresh grad or intern can do all these stuff too, but I don't mind, all these are just very repetitive stuff, do for a while is fine, but I hope can get exposure to much more, especially if they can send me overseas is the best, or setup some projects, configure some servers and etc.

At my own free time I play around with the code, setup a local version of the system, otherwise can be very boring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks