Preparing Installation for Windows 10 Pro

Last weekend I ordered a new computer, was wondering how I should get my copy of Windows 10 Pro, there are so many ways both legal and illegal and of course the right thing for everyone to do is to get a legal copy.

First place that comes to mind is the SG Microsoft Store, the Windows 10 Pro is selling for S$399.00, I looked at the price and I was like what the f***, I can afford it doesn't mean I should go ahead and pay this kind of ridiculous price for an operating system, it's for personal use anyway so it's just absurd.

Next I checked out the US Microsoft Store, it's selling at 199.99 USD, if convert to SGD is around S$274, why so much lower compared to the SG site? They think Singapore full of carrot heads?

I also checked out Newegg.com, 194.99 USD with a free Call of Duty 4, I thought this was a good deal and I tried to buy but this stupid egg don't accept my SG credit card, weird.

I went back to the US MS Store, somehow it also doesn't accept my SG credit card, what the hell, even if I put a US address using the vPost also cannot, think they require that my card is NOT an SG credit card lol. Newegg is the same, they check the card and they don't care what shipping address you put.

After some research, possible ways to buy from these bastards is to use a "Buy For Me" service, one example is comGateway, but I think there is some charge, anyway don't feel safe to be paying so much money for someone to buy it for me.

Another way is to buy from Amazon, 189 USD, they will prompt that address has to be US, just put the vPost US address will do.

So all these more well-known channels cheapest is 189 USD from Amazon, I thinking it's still a lot of money to pay for an operating system. I searched further and found some sites selling Windows 10 Pro really cheap, from 59.99 to 10+ USD also have, looks legitimate because many good reviews.

Then I searched even further, ebay Windows 10 Pro selling for 4.27 USD lol, and it's the retail version some more. Just in case you wondering what difference between Retail/Full vs OEM/System Builder, mainly is just support, Retail a.k.a. Full version you can call MS tech support, not that you would ever call anyway, then OEM a.k.a. System Builder version just means that it is bound to the motherboard so you can't re-activate on another machine whereas the Retail/Full version no such restriction.

Anyway can download the Windows 10 installation tool first, I already prepared a USB drive for installation, next just a matter of where to buy the key, and if a 4.27 USD key works, why the hell should I pay more than 40 times the price to get the same thing.

But I'm still wondering how they get so many licenses, it's not impossible though, for example last time I worked in a school, there are hundreds of PC waiting to be condemned, all have valid Windows licenses but not sure whether they are OEM or full version, most likely OEM though, maybe some is full. OEM version cannot resell once activated, but full can. So you have schools, offices, government sectors, I bet every year many PCs and laptops get condemned, so it's possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks