Wife Warded at NUH

These few weeks she keeps complaining about feeling very tired, her face also very yellowish, then yesterday she told me to bring her to polyclinic.

So this morning woke up early and decided to go NUH A&E instead, thinking that there is a chance that we will be turned away at the polyclinic since today is a Saturday; we did get turned away once or twice, staff said Saturday they only accept appointment, no walk-in.

We took a taxi to NUH, reached at 9+, the A&E very empty so registered very fast, upfront have to pay $115. After the nurse examined her, she was quickly sent to a doctor, me and baby was told to wait outside.

After a while, the doctor called me in, told me wife's blood level very low (3. something out of 11. something), and her INR level 6.1 or 6.7 which is very high, and she recommended sending wife to ward for blood transfusion. Wife of course not keen to stay in hospital, I also reluctant because doctor told me might need to stay until Monday, if like that how to go work, now on probation so I rather try not to ask for leave, and also who is going to look after baby.

So I asked whether we can do the blood transfusion at the A&E, my thinking is get as many packet of blood in as possible, one whole Saturday surely can get a few packets in. Then the doctor told me one packet need 4 hours with checking, I said ok I can wait, then she told me the blood if transfuse at A&E need to pay cash, I asked her how much, she told me $1000 cash or up to $1000 but either way I very shocked, then I said ok we discharge now then she like not happy.

End up she find a senior doctor to talk to us, finally we decided to stay for one night. Machiam like credit card salesman applying hard sell tactic on us.

After that two staff came to setup the transfusion, also have to wait for a bed at C ward. So me and baby went home first.

Then later wife whatsapp me say one packet of blood transfusion done, I think they setup first packet around 12+ because I took Grab at 1pm, before that went to the Kopitiam to buy cake for baby, and then went to Burger King to buy my lunch, wife whatsapp me at 1.24pm say first packet finish, so one packet probably at most 1.5 hour can transfuse finish, how come the doctor told me need 4 hours?

Then wife whatsapp me again say second packet done, see whatsapp:


If you see the timing, 13:25 to 14:42, not even 1.5 hour one packet done, so again, how come the doctor told me one packet need 4 hours? Transfuse and check need 4 hours? Check what?

Now I wondering the $1000 packet blood got shadow or not, where does blood come from? Donation right. Free right. How come they can sell to patient for $1000 a packet? Sounds like super shady right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks