These Days Even a Stroll is Dangerous

With so many reports on PMD/PAB accidents in the news, when taking my daughter out for walks I have to be extra careful, I will look left, right, back and front, not just on the roads but even in my neighbourhood parks and walkways, actually I find roads to be less dangerous as long as we make use of zebra/pedestrian/overhead crossings, real danger are parks and walkways.

And not just PMD/PAB, cyclists can be going too fast sometimes, even when there is a dismount and push sign, these riders just speed past anyway, I thought it's illegal to ride where there are such signs but they do it anyway. I wonder how effective these signs are when there are no enforcement, well I haven't never seen any enforcement in my area ever, not in the 5+ years I have stayed here, yeah occasionally there will be police patrol car driving up and go one round and that's it. Pigeon feeding too, if we don't get killed by these riders maybe some day we will get poisoned to death by pigeon droppings haha.

I think it's a good move that LTA make people register their PMD/PAB but I wonder why they don't require bicycles to be registered, maybe it's less dangerous than PMD/PAB, but I've seen cyclists go pretty fast on walkways too so yeah, maybe have to wait till cyclists kill more people then LTA will do something.

Regardless, just be careful, watch your back, watch left right front back and you might just be safe haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks