My Samsung Syncmaster 2494hs is Dead

If I remember correctly I think I bought this monitor between 2009 to 2010, it served me well, it's a good monitor, have built-in speakers but kind of heavy though. I think I bought it for $3xx.

So just now I threw it away, went to Courts to buy a new monitor. This time bought LG, model is 27MK430H, S$249, these days monitor really cheap. This model have so many features so I think it is a steal.

And also, these days monitors don't seem to come with built-in speakers, no wonder it's so much lighter. So I also bought a Creative Pebble speaker for S$39.90, it's wired so a bit messy but whatever la, have sound is good enough, but the sound quality is pretty good.

Update:

Just an update after using the new monitor and speaker. I like the monitor so far, great value for money. The speaker sound quality is good also, but one problem is when turned on, it will produce a noise which sounds like harddisk spinning, I think last time my cheap Logitech speakers also have this issue, this S$39.90 is not that cheap but still have this issue, but then if blast music it's actually pretty good though, so if can pay more might as well get a better one, good thing I'm not that into music, mostly just watching movies so it's ok I guess.




Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi

Can check what are the ports on your new LG monitor? Does it have DP, HDMI input from PC and audio out to speakers? Looking for a monitor too. Tks
Hi,

There are only two types video ports on my new monitor, HDMI and VGA. There is a audio output to speaker/headphone, currently it's connected to the Creative Pebble.

I put up a picture for your reference. Cheers!

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks