HDB Haven't Contact Me to Sign Lease Agreement

On 22 May 2019, I applied for the Tengah BTO together with my parents under the "Multi-Generation Priority Scheme (MGPS)".

On 26 Jul 2019, I booked a flat and also paid the option fee. My parents also did the same thing on the same day since we are under the same scheme so must book together.

In the option to purchase document, HDB will invite me to sign the lease agreement within 4 months from the date of the option, by now already past 4 months but no news yet.

I also checked the HDB portal, also no date assigned for the lease agreement appointment.

Anyway I dropped them an email to see what they say.

By the way on the day of signing the lease agreement, I suppose to pay 5% of the purchase price of S$240,800, which is S$12,040, and my CPF OA can fully pay for it.

As for my parents, I think they don't even need to pay until they collect the keys because they are eligible for the deferred downpayment scheme since they are right-sizing i.e. downgrade from 3-room to 2-room flexi.

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/living-in-an-hdb-flat/for-our-seniors/deferred-downpayment-scheme

I think they are also eligible for the silver housing bonus.

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/living-in-an-hdb-flat/for-our-seniors/right-size-with-silver-housing-bonus

I think in SG if you have a fully paid HDB flat in your old age, should be able to retire ok, I guess, at least for my parents' case seems like they are going to be ok.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi how come ur downpayment is only 5%? Is not 10%?
Hi,

I think somehow I qualified for the "Staggered Downpayment Scheme", which means I only need to pay 5% when I sign the lease agreement, then another 5% when I collect my keys to the new flat.

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/staggered-downpayment-scheme
Anonymous said…
Hi dont worry too much. They take some time to assess grant before they invite you to sign the agreement so u can use the grant to pay for it

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks