19 June 2014

Singaporean Getting Married in Thailand

Recently one of visitors asked me something regarding marrying in Thailand, today I found a comprehensive document that details the steps involved, hope it will help those who are looking for this information.

Marriage Registration Procedure in Thailand

I quote fully from the document as follow in case they change the file location:


Singaporeans who wish to register a marriage in Thailand would first need to execute an affidavit at Singapore Embassy in Bangkok. Please refer to the attached list of supporting documents required for executing the affidavit (Please download the attachment "Notice of Marriage (http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/dam/mfa/images/om/bangkok/Register%20marriage%20in%20Thailand/Noticeformarriageupdated31May2013.pdf)"). Note: Letter from MOM is only applicable if your partner is a Thai National.

2 You can apply for the Certificate of Clearance (COC) directly with CID in Singapore. If you are applying it from Thailand, you can have your fingerprint impressions taken at the Police Clearance Service Centre located at Building 24, Royal Thai Police HQ, Rama 1, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 (tel: 02 205 2168), email: pcsc@police.go.th. For information on application for COC, pls refer to www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm. It is indicated in the website that you can submit mailed application to SPF.  (Please download the attachment "fingerprint form for male ( http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/dam/mfa/images/om/bangkok/Register%20marriage%20in%20Thailand/fingerprint%20form%20for%20male%202%20pages.pdf )" or "fingerprint form for female ( http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/dam/mfa/images/om/bangkok/Register%20marriage%20in%20Thailand/finger%20print%20form%20for%20female%202%20pages.pdf )", where applicable.)

3 For information on application for ROM search result, pls refer to www.rom.gov.sg -> "Services" ->Search for Marriage Records" (do not select free search for marriage records as we need to have the search result in ROM's original letterhead). If you are based in overseas, ROM has indicated that you can submit online application for the search request and they will post the result to your overseas address as per your online instructions.

4 After you have obtained all the required documents, both you and your partner will need to bring them to the Embassy to execute an affidavit. Both of you must bring along your passports and identification cards. The affidavit can be processed on the same day. The fee for the affidavit is 100 Baht.

5 After you have obtained the affidavit from the Embassy, you will need to get it translated to Thai and send it to Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs for endorsement which may take 2 working days to complete. They do have express service for a surcharge.

6 Thereafter, you can register your marriage at any District Office (DO) of your choice. There is no fee involved when registering marriage at the DO.

No comments: