Sichuan Mala Pot Really So Expensive!

This is the part two of my first post.

Today I checked with my colleagues, one told me he paid $26 for two when he ate at Chinatown, the other told me they went to eat in a group of 4 and they paid $28 which comes to $7 per pax, now I can see this mala pot, oh wait, the correct name is Mala Xiang Guo i.e. Spicy Fragrant Pot lol, is not cheap food, even though the ingredients are cheap but the actual price is not, we are not eating at restaurants, it's just food centre or food court, how can they sell so expensive, ridiculous.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I fully agree with your comments. I tried once and thats it. If they continue to charge at this rate i anticipate the business will drop over time. New food concept originate fm china i think.
To be fair, it's quite tasty especially the chili mix, but the fact that those ingredients are so cheap and they are charging so many times for it is just atrocious, even my China colleague say it is too expensive. He told me that Enoki mushrooms are very expensive in China, but surely they didn't import from China right, just a couple months back my wife bought 3 packets for $1.50 at Sheng Siong, just imagine they are selling not even half a packet for $2 or $3 or more!
Oh sorry, the Enoki mushrooms were 3 packet for $2.50, just checked with my wife, anyway they are still overcharging.

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks