Confinement Period After Birth

Time sure flies, 10 more days and my baby will be born so now I'm thinking about the confinement thingy.

Just now my family visited my wife and my mom offered to help my wife during her confinement period. After my family left, I told my wife our Chinese custom of Zuo Yue Zi 坐月子 i.e. following a bunch of rules for one month, I also told her she is not allowed to go out or do anything, not even bring her mom and cousin to tour Singapore, then she got upset and refused to talk to me lol.

So I thought about it, actually I don't know much about the confinement, everything I know I heard it from friends and my mom, so to pacify my wife, I told her she can follow her Thai customs or whatever she likes, then she felt better.

I went home and did some research on this Zuo Yue Zi thing, found that the some of the rules are kind of absurd, no drinking water and bathing? What? For one month??? I get that women should rest after birth but to not drink water and not shower is really silly. Personally I'm a traditional person, but I'm also a practical person, to blindly follow things that doesn't make any sense is unacceptable, I think most important thing is my wife feels comfortable, if she feels strong enough to go out for a walk, then go ahead, no need to get stuck at home.

I also find these two articles very helpful:

Oh by the way my wife is still in A class ward, now 5th day, I wonder when they will move her to C.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello there! Thank you for this informative blog for SC and NR couples! Just like to find out during the LTVP application did ICA require you to furnish any documents? Jess
Hi Jess,

Glad you find this blog useful!

Yes, need to provide marriage cert, the foreign spouse passport, the DE card i.e. white card, my NRIC, me and wife's educational certs, my letter of employment and CPF and IRAS statements. You can find more info here: http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=175&secid=171
Unknown said…
Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform. Malaysia Pregnancy Care Center

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks