PMD Banned from Footpath

Source

Just now while taking a break at work and happened to read this news, got a huge shock because I just ordered a Fiido Q1 last Saturday and already paid for it. It was only yesterday that they announced the ban, just two days after I ordered and paid for the PMD!

So banned from footpath means my wife cannot use at all, because our home to daughter's kindergarten don't even have cycling path or park connector network! Wtf!

Anyway I dropped the shop an email, just trying my luck to see if I can get a refund or swap for other products, but this is not their problem really, how can a ban just suddenly pass like that without any regards for existing PMD owners and retailers who have probably invested quite heavily into the products, not to mention the UL2272 certification which I suppose is not cheap.

But then again, the accidents and deaths caused by PMD is indeed a big concern, even I also fear for my daughter's safety when PMD rode past, and some really go very fast.

If the shop come back saying no, it is perfectly understandable, just take it as plain suay, maybe ride around in living room la, but I think the shop lose even more, with this kind of ban, who in their right mind will buy PMD, one ban slaughter these businesses, really bastard.

Update

Somebody created a petition not to ban PMD, link below if you are interested. Personally I don't think a blanket ban is warranted, the ban should be focused on specific groups of users, government should not disregard good use cases and just outright ban everyone.

Not To Ban PMD in Singapore

Consideration should be given for existing PMD owners, and what the heck, people like me who bought a PMD just two days before they announced the ban, and also retailers who are really going to be seriously affected.

Comments

Anonymous said…
$799 is alot of money for other uses. Try to get a refund.
Maybe that was why it was on promo price.
The shop got back to me, their policy is that goods sold are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. It’s not their problem anyway, such a sudden ban, so many affected.

Today I checked it’s now on sale for $699. If I’m not wrong, last weekend on sale for $799 is because of the 11/11 sales. So now they are probably slashing price to clear stock.

Maybe I just let my wife and daughter play in the living room or grass patch la haha. Sigh.

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks