Current Company Makan Salary?

https://marrythaigirlsingapore.blogspot.com/2023/11/finally-throw-letter.html

Today the HR looked for me, sort of told me my annual leave will be forfeited and no using of annual leave to offset my notice period, basically I still left with 3 days of annual leave, I serving notice but short of 3 days so I thought can use the leave to offset, then HR asked me if I'm ok with it, I just say I starting work at new job the very next day after my last day so no choice, I said just go ahead to process my resignation.

After I reached home, I took a closer look at my contract, can't find anything about forfeiture of leave, I then looked in employee guideline document it did mention cannot take leave or offset notice period with annual leave but nowhere did it mention forfeiture of leave for my case, it also mentioned they will pay back unconsumed leave in following month after staff left, now that's conflicting from what the HR told me, not sure if there is any miscommunication.

Based on what I understand there and then, it means my leave is gone since according to HR it is forfeited, and I still have to pay back the company 3 days before my last day, like that it's as good as they makan 3 days of my salary. If this is indeed the case, that sounds really lame sia.

Actually I don't even gaf about the bonus already, so I don't really gaf about these 3 days, if they really want to makan, take it lor.

If you think about it the cannot offset notice period part is kind of stupid if they are not out to makan people's annual leave, I mean why would they not allow people to offset and then in the end still pay back right.

But then thinking about it again, mine is 3 days short though, I guess my case should be rare, such a policy would make sense for people short of 1-3 months with a high base salary, like salary is S$10,000, short 3 months have to pay S$30,000 cash, such a person would have to think thrice before throwing letter like that.

For me even if I earn S$10,000, 3 days also ~S$1300, which they will pay me back with my 3 days annual leave anyway lol, but I don't earn so much la.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks