Background Check

My new employer engaged a vendor to do background check, so far they asked for quite a number of things, like my last 5 years of employment history, my education certs, reference contacts, CPF statements, payslips, letters of appointment, I think the purpose is to check to see if what I wrote in my resume is true or not, I guess it is pretty common to fake resumes.

They do have an option for me to disallow contacting my current employer, but then for the past 5 years, for me it's the same employer just that I left the company once, so the employment period for the first time becomes the previous employment.

Then yesterday the new employer HR contacted me and told me the background check vendor was unable to complete verification for my previous employment lol, probably because I disallow them from contacting my current employer and it happens to be the same company as my previous employment.

End up I just send them my 5 years of CPF statements and both letters of appointment.

By the way it's good to keep copies of your payslips and whatever official letters you get from your employers for your record, you never know when you need it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks