10th Day at New Job

After starting work, there was some more onboarding stuff, took a while to go through, the major piece left should be server access, after that should be more or less there I guess.

There are many systems talking to each other so need some time for my info and access to propagate but I guess that's just how MNCs have to operate, everything have to be digitalised, systemised and integrated so they can run global operations easily, beautiful thing is that everything is linked together and I can just login with single sign-on to access whatever I need anytime anywhere.

There's also no such thing as physical signature, everything is digital signature, finally I don't have to print, sign and scan anymore.

I also got my first pay and payslip, I wasn't aware that I needed to submit my bank details by myself until the payroll team alerted me, so I just sent them my bank details via email and they manually processed it, since the system doesn't allow editing bank details once payroll starts processing. After payroll completed processing, they informed me to go to the portal to add my bank details by myself and set a start date, all self-service, can change my bank anytime.

As for my actual workplace, it's at customer site, nothing fancy but the overall culture there feels relaxed, everybody is very chill and nice, just the incident manager is kind of a workaholic and very on the ball on chasing after things but I can't really fault him because it's a mission critical system so I don't think he can afford to lag behind, but naturally with this kind of manager, sure got people dislike, I got sense a few but I just listen and blend in, I newbie so better not get involved in this kind of politics, I just focus on getting up to speed, do my job and not step on any toes will do.

Overall my feel is that the project is well-staffed, everybody has a specific role and scope, there are multiple teams running the operations, they use old but still state of the art hardware and products, there are also SOPs and monitoring in place, maybe that's why the culture feels relaxed and people are chill, everybody knows what to do, every component serves a purpose, I think this should be the way, unlike my previous company the projects are always understaffed, poorly implemented and pointless, and everybody has to take on multiple roles and scopes, then everybody feels burned out, it's crazy now that I look back at it, how the heck did I even manage to stay there for 5 years and get exploited for 5 years, really should not have rejoined...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks