14 March 2015

Pre-Marriage Long-Term Visit Pass Assessment

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=541

I learned about this new procedure from one of my visitors, I took a look and this new thing is not what I expected, at first I thought it's something to help our group of people, but seems like this is more to screen the couples first before they get married, last time is marry first then apply for LTVP, now is apply for this pre-marriage assessment before you get married, if don't apply, will face longer LTVP processing time, according to this page, under Processing Time, can be up to 6 months!

"Those who did not go through the Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment will be subjected to longer processing time of up to 6 months."

What I can see is this is a new strategy to control the SG/Foreigner couple population, obviously Singaporeans who cannot meet their hidden criteria will not be granted the Letter of LTVP Eligibility, and even if they go ahead and get married, they will have to wait up to 6 months for the LTVP application result, imagine after waiting for 6 months and they tell you rejected, obviously this will cause a lot of un-necessary stress to people who cannot meet the criteria.

We all know which group will be most affected, the lower income group, first thing they look at is your income, whether you can support yourself and the foreign spouse.

This is discriminating but then it is a fact that it costs much more if you marry a foreigner, housing will be more expensive because you cannot apply for BTO, healthcare is more expensive as the foreign spouse will be paying foreigner rate, but I think this can be overcome if both of them have a stable job, so why not explore this aspect and see what better things can be done.

This new procedure isn't really as helpful as they painted it, it's like saying if you are low income, don't bother getting married, even if you try, we will make you wait 6 months and then reject the LTVP, what the fish right.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

any rough idea whats their income hidden criteria

marrythaigirlsingapore said...

From what I remember, I think it's around 1.5k.

Anonymous said...

I believe the hidden income criteria is 3k. The IO accidentally blurted it out last time.

marrythaigirlsingapore said...

Wow, nowadays is 3K!? I think a few years ago was 1.5K, there is even a TV show that talked about it but like I said it was a few years ago.

Kevin said...

My income is 2k and my Pre-Marriage Long-Term Visit Pass Assessment is successful.

marrythaigirlsingapore said...

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hi kelvin,

may i know what is processing time of your PM long term pass?

Raiden Chan said...

hi guys, im new here and lost need help..regarding the Pre-Marriage Long-Term Visit Pass Assessment, beside declaring and filling up an on-line assessment.
any documents needed to be scan and attached during online assessment for the both of us??

Unknown said...

Ur gross income is 2k or 2k plus? Drop me an email..I want to know more details. Wjian0105@gmail.com

Kylie26 said...

Just want to ask how long can a foreigner stay in sg if there pre marriage long term visit pass assessment is successful?

Kylie26 said...

Hope to hear from u..thanks😊

Kylie26 said...

Hope to hear from u..thanks😊

Kylie26 said...

Just want to ask how long can a foreigner stay in sg if there pre marriage long term visit pass assessment is successful?

Anonymous said...

Kylie im trying to apply pre marriage ltvp too for my vietnam gf.. the answer to your question is she will get 1 year stay in sgp.. u go read ica site.. it shows there

Anonymous said...

Anyone knows the criteria for the pm ltvp? Wasn't successful . Income above 3 but got charge for drink driving before. Anyone appealed before? Or any steps to take to help the application .

marrythaigirlsingapore said...

Other than your drink driving, does your partner have anything that could be a cause for the unsuccessful application? You want to be very sure drink driving is the cause and the only cause.

So how long was it since the conviction? If several years ago, you can appeal going along the line of you did not re-offend after x years. If recent, I guess you might want to wait for 1 or 2 years before you try again.

Anonymous said...

my income is 30k a month but got rejected. why?

marrythaigirlsingapore said...

Might not be your problem, I think nationality also matters, I think they have quota for different countries.

Zoloo Zaya said...

Good day :)
I just gor married on 4.4.17. Husband is SC.
We are going to apply for LTVP as we did not go through pre marriage ltvp. Im okay with waiting time. Im just wondering while waiting for the outcome (which could be up to 6 mths) can I still enter Singapore with social visit pass. I dun need visa n can enter for 30 days.
I have lived in singapore from year 07-14 (was holding s pass). And since then i have been travelling up and down which i was deported once and appealed to enter again. Now it seems like everytime i come here i have to be checked at the custom. I have that fear of cannot enter spore or thing get rejected etc.
Any advice apreciated. Thanx in advance :)

Zoloo Zaya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marrythaigirlsingapore said...

Hi Zaya,

I think the only thing you can do is try your luck, but I advise better to wait till you get the in-principal approval then you come here, I think it would be less trouble for you.

Best of luck!

Zoloo Zaya said...

Thanx alot. I think it is better to as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Anyone tried applying the PMLTP with a different NR name after the previous one expired?

Cheers