Ordered a New Computer at Amazon

After 9 years, I'm finally going to get a new computer, a replacement for my bulky and old desktop CPU. To be able to last for 9 years with a few small upgrades considered very worthwhile. Actually it's still working but a bit siao siao, most annoying is the space that it takes up.

What I'm getting is the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK, it's very small and powerful, comes with casing, motherboard, i7 processor and graphic so I only need to buy RAM and SSD. The graphic is built-in with RX Vega M GH, it is comparable to GTX 1050 Ti which is what I'm looking for.

The only thing that stays is my Samsung SyncMaster 2494HS monitor which is still working well, 1920x1080 and 60Hz is good enough for me so I can't find any reason to justify a replacement, this way I also get to save on the price of a new monitor, anyway nowadays so many different types of monitors, also don't know which one to get.

In order for the NUC to work with this old monitor, I also purchased two cables, one is HDMI to HDMI, hopefully it can work so I can do away with my speaker. Just in case it doesn't work, the other cable is HDMI to DVI cable, this one should work for sure since I'm using DVI to DVI right now.


As usual, always better to pay in foreign currency instead of SGD, if 1,435.73 USD convert to SGD is roughly S$1,962.07, but if Amazon convert for me is S$2,075.96, they must have charged a fee in between.

By the way Amazon guarantees that the order will arrive next Friday because I choose AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping, we'll see haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks