Sudden Abdominal Pain

Today early morning around 3 AM+ suddenly woken up by an unbearable pain at my abdominal area, pain until cannot go back to sleep, woke my wife up to see if she have any medication, she gave me some pills to try but no help. Previously I also experienced similar pain and she gave me some liquid Antacid after that was ok, unfortunately ran out of this magic liquid, she bought it during our Phuket trip.

So I quickly went to the 24 hour Sheng Siong, bought one pack of Actal tablets, ate two but still pain. Then really no choice, I took taxi to NUH A&E, reached there around 6 AM.


Now A&E price increase to $115, used to be $108, but for my case I think quite ok because they did quite a number of stuff, see the Total Charges $342.30, and I only paid $115.

They did the following:

  • Oral medication to stop the pain, a combination of liquid Antacid, Gaviscon and 3 pills.
  • Blood test.
  • Pain killer via 2 injections, one is painkiller another is to counter the vomiting side effect of pain killer. (because still a bit pain after the oral medication)
  • Took blood pressure.
  • Took ECG.
  • Consultation and physical examination.

Anyway of all the pains in my life, this one is not the most painful but definitely the most unbearable, sibei jia lat, not sure what is the cause though.

So A&E gave me 1 day MC, now I on probation because new job, MC I think is unpaid leave, didn't read about this part in my contract, only know leave is confirm unpaid, anyway doesn't matter because I also don't wish to take MC unless absolutely no choice, and good thing my boss is really kind, allow me to come in later and leave earlier by way of time off so I don't need to take MC and end up as unpaid leave, he is the very understanding type of boss, very rare breed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks