Finally Setup My Hades Canyon

The package arrived on Thursday, one day earlier than expected. Amazon guarantee really power.







To open the cover, need to use the hex key, it comes with the package.

One spare M.2 screw


I installed the RAM, quite straightforward.


But I was unable to remove the screw from the standoff of the M.2 80mm slot, don't know why this one screw is super tight, so frustrating.

Next day during lunch I went to buy those small screwdrivers for repairing spectacles but no use, the screw already quite stripped on closer look, think it was because of the red screwdriver I used.

In the end managed to remove it using the plier I bought from IKEA but any plier with a flat tip should work, and good thing the NUC also comes with a spare M.2 screw.



Only $1.90


The power plug is the USA type, but good thing is that almost any desktop computer power cord will work because it is the very common C13 plug, so I just reuse the one from my old desktop since this NUC is replacing it.



This is an example of C13 plug. SG and UK is the same plug so if you have a UK one will also work.


Other than the stupid screw and plug, everything else just works, wireless mouse and keyboard all works even during installation of Windows 10, so smooth and fast. During installation it will prompt for activation key, just skip, good thing about Windows 10 is even without activation you can still use it, just that some features are restricted but overall it is not crippling.

I bought the Windows 10 Pro key from eBay, only 4.90 USD, cheap and it works. Legit or not I have no idea, but since eBay allows it, it can't be too bad.

And the HDMI cable works too, just need to configure my Samsung Syncmaster 2494hs, turn off the AV Mode, just wondering why I didn't do this earlier. Now I can remove my audio cable, one less wire running around.




Finally after two evenings I managed to get it up and running. Actually it's smaller than I thought.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks