Contactless Delivery, Such Nonsense

Prior to this covid situation, delivery used to be when the rider arrive, they will make a phone call, knock on door or yell, the purpose is to notify the customer that the order has arrived.

Now, they just dump it somewhere you can't see and then quietly left! I encountered two such incidents, one this very morning.

Previously ordered some western food from deliveroo, the guy simply left it outside my door, no call, never knock door, never make any sound, just left it there and go, we know because my wife was sitting at living room waiting. After waiting for a long time, I contacted deliveroo, they resent the order, then the next rider found the first delivery outside my door and informed me, ended up I have two orders.

This morning ordered breakfast from Mcdonald, left a note telling them to leave it on my doorstep and door is open, supposed to arrive at 11:45am, 12+ still haven't arrive, call them again and they say instead of breakfast, they will resend lunch. Finally 1+ arrived, same thing, rider found first order, not on doorstep but the guy hanged it on the handle of the metal door, I left it open so nobody can see it. End up have breakfast and lunch orders, I took only the breakfast order, which was cold already, iced milo become waterery milo.

I don't understand how these people think, they expect people to check all corners all the time, who the hell knows where they going to place it. Terrible service, they just come up with this contactless crap as an excuse for poor delivery service, even Mcdonalds also fallen to such standards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks