Working Throughout Weekend

Thought this polling day could be a nice long weekend to relax, go out with family, get some new clothes and whatnot, out of the blue a day before polling day I was called in to help out with a technology upgrade over the weekend, what the heck, put it nicely I was called in, put it bluntly I kena arrow, just find it ridiculous that on top of my own things that I have to do, still have to do more, with no incentive, very hard to justify to myself.

Also cannot understand how come a SI/software house have such a terrible lack of technical people, as of now, almost half of the team I'm in does not have technical background, and there are so many technical tasks jammed up which nobody knows how to do, or what to do, or how to execute, when to execute, just terrible, simple things neglect until become complicated.

I thought my previous company was terrible, but this is another level, can't tell from surface but when I get involved, all the ugly things start appearing.

Anyway my Saturday and Sunday pretty much burned, today simply don't care and just take a day off. But we are not done yet, last weekend only did for UAT, this weekend planning to do production, doesn't make any sense to use the word plan if its just last minute patching holes as it comes. The only reason why they are rushing is because support ended, which was months ago, now then they rush, just don't understand how things that are supposed to have been done can get dragged for no good reason until now.

But to be fair, this company treats me well unlike my previous company, in terms of salary and bonus, it is way above expectations, but then if they want to throw more shit to me, then I will expect even better salary and bonus, it is just natural, do more, pay more, doesn't make any sense if I have to do other people's job but only get my own salary, right?

Comments

Greg said…
Where do you suggest a USA citizen look for a professional Singapore job?

Thanks!
Hi Greg,

You can try these sites to register a profile and upload your resume, suitable employers will be able to contact you if your profile matches what they are looking for:

https://sg.jobsdb.com
https://www.jobstreet.com.sg
https://sg.indeed.com
https://www.monster.com.sg

Personally I use www.jobstreet.com.sg and sg.jobsdb.com, and I think both are pretty good.

All the best!
Greg said…
Thanks so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks