Dismantled Lower Cabinet, Replaced Burst Water Pipe

Today my wife keep nagging me about the kitchen sink (been nagging for a long time, geez), it has been leaking since forever, waiting for my father to fix but I think he is busy so don't want to keep chasing him, I know right, I don't like it when people keep chasing me.

So I thought it's time I took things into my own hands.

I personally dismantled the lower cabinet, wasn't as bad as I thought because the cabinet was wet throughout so it was easy to break apart, it's all just hard labour, damn tiring, breaking it down, carry it downstairs to throw, clean up, phew.

The result is an empty space, the wall looks super disgusting so I won't post any picture, have already washed but can't get rid of the stains, so we will probably just paint over it.

We are thinking maybe can get a SUNNERSTA from IKEA, and a small table, so tomorrow will drop by IKEA to take a look.

Then when I thought one thing settled, the shower water pipe burst, like wtf man. I went online and tried this https://www.mrplumber.sg, they said can only come tomorrow.

So I tried another one, https://www.24hrfamilyplumber.com, responded very fast, said 1hr+ can come. So the guy came, he do quite fast, I think around 30mins settled, he cut the pipe and sort of patched it up with a new L-looking thingy, I also asked him to put on the tap that I bought. In total paid S$150. Wife said expensive again haha, whatever la, I thought it was ok, professional service of course going to cost a bit more, not going to do it myself, damn tired, don't have the tools and parts anyway, if I have to go buy the tools and parts, probably will cost around the same, or maybe just a little cheaper, forget it.

Just for record, https://hdbplumbers.com.sg, previously I engaged them to fix our toilet leak, I can't remember how much they charged that time, wife said 170 or 180, what they did was replace the flush valve and the flush button, wife said very expensive, I thought ok la. I also asked the guy if he can fix the water leak, ended up need to order pipe and whatnot so only stopped at fixing the toilet. This water pipe that leaked is the same one that burst today. Should have fixed that time.

Comments

Cryingatdisco said…
Your wife needs to be more independent given that she's not working, totally reliant on you for everything.
Haha, yeah I thought so too, but well, that's just how it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks