Bought a UGREEN USB 3.0 to Rj45 Gigabit Adapter

https://marrythaigirlsingapore.blogspot.com/2021/02/thermal-throttling-on-my-hades-canyon.html

Previously I thought the cheap thermal paste fixed my CPU thermal throttling problem, but it didn't, my network card still auto shutdown for a while when my CPU gets hot, very annoying especially when playing games halfway and suddenly disconnect. But at least now it seems to detect the temperature better and fans kick up more responsively so it happen less, again not sure if it's an illusion.

Then I googled for USB to RJ45 adapter and saw this UGREEN product, so I thought I would give it a try, not expensive so might as well. Ordered last Friday and received today, seems like nowadays Amazon delivery is much faster.

It comes in a sleek and slim packaging, works right out of the box for my Windows 10. It also comes with a driver CD for older Windows OS, Mac OS and Linux. The design feels sturdy, doesn't feel cheap at all, the port also snaps in nicely unlike some other cheapo USB products that snap in loosely.





My PC is a Hades Canyon, I have 2 USB type A at the front and 4 at the rear. My internet is 500 Mbps. The following is the speed I get if I plug into the front ports:


This is what I get if I plug into those in the rear:


This is what I get if I use the built-in network ports (i219 and i210):


I suspect my rear ports are USB 2.0 while my front ports are "true" USB 3.0. But anyway, comparing the "true" USB 3.0 speed versus the built-in card, speed is almost the same, so this device is freaking good I think.

Now let's see if it will auto shutdown when I'm gaming...

Update:

Just realise that if I plug into the rear USB ports, if I change the Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) to Disabled, I can actually get the max speed.


Rear USB port with EEE disabled:


I think the EEE is a power saving feature, it supposedly will auto detect if there is no data to transmit and tune down, I think I try leave it on for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks