Spent Whole Morning Housekeeping

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/post/142304/metamask-advises-users-to-disable-automatic-icloud-backups-of-its-wallet-data-to-prevent-hacks

After reading the news where this poor guy lost several high value NFTs and $APE coins, I decided to do some digital housekeeping and terminate all the loose ends.

My Gmail account is the single most important gateway to everything, so I ran through the checks provided by Google and deleted one alternate email which I don't use anymore, also signed out of all the devices.

I also created a Gmail account for wife so she can use her own, my daughter has her own Gmail account but was using mine because I created hers as a kids account so there are some limitations, changed hers to use my wife's instead. By the way my wife is using her own iPhone while my daughter has an iPad.

But then for this case, I don't think MetaMask nor Apple is at fault, the poor guy got tricked into giving his iPhone's 2FA code to the scammer, once you let bad guys into your house, it's over. So better identify your most important gateway and secure it.

And the attacker already has the victim's Apple ID and password, only lack the 2FA code, hmm, meaning the victim's Apple account was already compromised, good to change password occasionally, but then if you can easily give away your 2FA code, change password also no use.

Never give anyone your 2FA code. Never give anyone your seed phrase. Google, Apple or any legit companies will never ask for your 2FA code or seed phrase.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks