Scam Alert, Trust No One

https://saltandlight.sg/news/singapore-nurse-who-was-cheated-of-240000-in-love-crypto-scam

I think I read this story before, it was posted in Asiaone or somewhere and this serves as a stark reminder that scammers are always out hunting for victims, far too many have fallen victim to scams.

People have to realise that social media and messaging platforms are full of scammers, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, Discord, Telegram, Whatsapp and etc, these are not the kind of place to make new friends because it is too easy to create a fake profile, just look at Twitter, tons and tons of fake profiles.

If you are not sure, ask someone you trust, like your family or your best friend, heck you can even ask me.

For me very simple, whenever I receive unsolicited message, I treat it as scam, I report and block, end of story.

If someone come knock on my door claiming to be from HDB or whatsoever, as long as the agency didn't send me any notification beforehand, I won't entertain.

Speaking of this, recently two guys came out of nowhere claiming they are from HDB to check my electrical board, I asked for their pass, seriously I can't tell whether it's real or not, too easy to create a fake pass, they didn't ask to enter my home or ask for money, only took down my name and contact number, and they seemed very friendly as I voiced my concern about scammers, and then they gave me a letter from HDB, also don't know real or not, after that I think they checked the electrical box outside my flat and left.

Forgot to submit a feedback to HDB, just submitted, see what they say.

Update: Someone from HDB called me and confirmed that the letter is genuine. In future they should send an alert first, email also can, too many scams these days, got to be careful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks