Koufu @ Tanglin Halt is Nuts

https://marrythaigirlsingapore.blogspot.com/2022/06/inflation-is-ridiculous.html

Just a few weeks ago, I felt the inflation when I bought the economy rice at Koufu, today my wife went to the same stall to buy one plate of rice, 3 veggies and 1 sotong, SG$7.60. Sotong only 3 pieces, have no idea how they charge.

Then when I buy the drinks, one iced milo and one Fanta grape for SG$3.80, wah seh, even if the iced milo is SG$2, then SG$1.80 for the Fanta grape is crazy.

I think we will avoid the Koufu from now on, it's just ridiculous the way they increase prices, just eat at hawker or cook at home way cheaper, I always prefer hawker food anyway, that Koufu happen to be more convenient because it is right beside the Sheng Siong.

At the same time I wonder what our government is doing about this inflation, found this post: https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/singapore-to-release-s15b-support-package-as-energy-prices-stay-high

I wonder how much it will help, will Koufu charge lesser for iced milo and Fanta grape? Most probably not, once prices go up, they don't come down, not sure what's the point of government handing out money to businesses and they still increase price anyway.

Sometimes I find some of our government's schemes quite wasteful, like CDC voucher for example, they have to build and maintain a system so people can redeem and use the vouchers, isn't it better to just hand out cash directly to bank account instead, large majority of people will spend at hawker anyway, not many can afford SG$7.60 economy rice everyday.

Another one is the green CHAS card, waste of plastic, totally useless, so useless I find it amusing.

But well, not surprising, I worked in quite a number of government projects, I can tell you I saw a few wasteful use of funds, the thing is civil servants have KPI to meet, they are supposed to come up with innovation and whatnot, unfortunately most of these "innovations" turned out not effective or worse, useless, but taxpayer money already spent, do they dare to tell the public sorry we wasted taxpayer money? Of course not.

Another problem is some agencies get funding and they need to use by end of financial year, if they don't utilise then next round they will get less funding. Then what happen? Agencies will try to fully utilise, but are they spending the money effectively? I wonder when I look at green CHAS card and CDC vouchers.

I hope government will be much more stringent with funding agencies, if they don't need the money, then they should not be spending it, we are talking about taxpayer money, public funds, if a project is not going to make it, shut it down, don't waste anymore money on it, in the first place don't start shitty projects.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks