Sad Story of Difficult to Get Along

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/grandfather-84-and-granddaughter-14-found-dead-bukit-batok

"...the girl was a Secondary 2 student who lived with her parents and grandfather."

Somehow I feel a connection to this story.

I imagine 7 years forward my daughter would be in Secondary 2, my parents would be in their 70s, we would have moved to Tengah, me, my wife and daughter would have our own 3-room flat, my parents would have their own 2-room flat right next door, I strongly believe this is the best outcome.

There is a Chinese saying: 相见容易相处难

Directly translated it means: easy to meet, difficult to get along with

Based on my personal traumatic experience, I can tell you this saying is very true. One year meet a few times versus everyday meet is very different.

When me and wife were still living with my parents, every 2-3 days get into conflict over the smallest things, sometimes between my wife and my mother, sometimes between my wife and my sister, most of the time between my sister and my mother; my sister used to stay with us, after that she moved out but visit frequently.

That's why I bought a 2-room resale flat because cannot take it anymore, it was very exhausting to have to deal with this kind of nonsense all the time.

Anyway in our case, I think my father is ok, he is the easy type, my mother is the very difficult type, only my father can tahan her, even I also cannot tahan, so they have their own 2-room flat is the best possible outcome.

I just want to say living under one roof is not easy, where possible, always get your own place, I can 1000% assure you will be happier.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks