12th Day of Looking for Job

https://marrythaigirlsingapore.blogspot.com/2022/07/looking-for-job.html

During these 12 days, got plenty of calls from recruiters but only one interview.

I posted my profile on MyCareersFuture, JobStreet, Indeed, Monster, also tried directly on a few company's career portal, thought I should cast a wide net.

Last week I attended a Java developer lead virtual interview, did the technical assessment where they asked me to come up with a Spring Boot app based on a given scenario, I really struggled even translating the requirements into code and also realised my coding is quite bad, do refresher online versus coming up with an app is very different.

By the way all the development work in my past projects were outsourced to overseas, basically I document the requirements from users and then I get developers to implement, so I don't get to code much, yeah I done some bug fixes and some small enhancements but it is nothing compared to coming up with something from scratch.

I think if really want to be a developer, need to start early and stay true to the developer path, build up a portfolio of working projects/apps, for me after spending so many years doing support, the gap is just too big. But it's good that I realise this after the interview, so now I'm looking for support role instead, I think I spent like a week looking for developer role, really malu haha.

Not saying I'm going to give up on coding, I still like coding but just don't think I can do it at professional level, at my free time I can take my own sweet time to play and it's also good to learn new languages like Solidity and Python, it never hurts to learn new things.

Anyway see how it goes, should have much more luck with support roles.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks