Sheng Siong have Very Impressive Employee Benefits

Saw their recruitment poster last weekend and I was very impressed by their employee benefits, so much so I took a photo of it.

Note that the salary is "Up To", not sure what's the salary for inexperienced folks though.

Just looking at bonus, they have 4 types of bonus, Variable, Performance, AWS and Monthly, still got Monthly bonus, first time I see this bonus.

The staff discount is very interesting, I wonder how much or how many percent, any cap or not. I remember long long ago I worked at NTUC Fairprice also got staff discount, maybe like 15 or 16 years ago, just part-time only. I think it was quite a small percentage, so small I didn't even realise until someone told me staff have discount, then I see like no difference or too little to notice.

Meals provided, this one power, these days one meal outside getting more expensive unless someone can cook at home for you and bring to work.

Birthday voucher, interesting, I know of birthday leave, first time I see birthday voucher.

Night shift allowance, I'm guessing this is for their 24 hour stores, not sure how this works. Reminds me of long long long ago when I worked at McDonald's, they paid me $5 extra for working the closing shift, but that was 25 or 26 years ago.

Education grant for children of employees, first time I see this, power.

Long service award, very common, usually in multiples of 5 i.e. 5 years, 10 years, 15 years and so forth, then give a watch or something. I wonder what people of 20 years get, a gold coin maybe?

Training and development opportunities, guess this means training is included, and they will send you for course to upgrade yourself.

I think overall the package is very solid, in fact too good to be true, but coming from Sheng Siong, cannot be bluff, they are well-known throughout every household in Singapore, don't think this kind of thing they will dare to put it out in public and bluff people, but I really respect their management because from the benefits can see they care a lot about their employees.

Other standard things like annual leave, medical leave, insurance they never mention, but I guess those are standard stuff so not much point maybe.

Oh and they only hire Singaporeans or PR, wah really support local, big thumbs up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks