Today Tried Li Yuan Mee Pok

Saw an offer on Foodpanda and decided to try, and very glad I did.

They have a few variety of Mee Pok (or rather Bak Chor Mee), I ordered the Shoyu Mee Pok and Mushroom Minced Meat Noodle, both are very nice but personally I find the Shoyu one is a bit heavier on taste, I think I like the normal one more.

Wife also like, it reminds her of the dumpling noodle back in Khao San Road.

They probably improved on our local Bak Chor Mee, I bet the founder went to many stalls to try. Their noodle is cooked just nice, the pork just normal stuff, but the pork ball a bit special, have tiny chewy bits, sort of enhance the flavour, the sauce is just right, some other stalls add too much vinegar but this one is just nice, then lots of crispy bits at the bottom, soup is nice too, overall very well balanced and satisfying.

This is easily one of the best I have tried, but I think Bak Chor Mee is an extremely competitive dish in Singapore, many good ones, hard to rank, another one I like is the Bedok Bak Chor Mee, the soup version.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks