Chinese Privilege in Singapore?

Today I saw the news about this Subhas Nair guy who got jailed for some race and religion video, I went to YouTube to search for it and found a VICE video interviewing his sister, after that the following video appeared in my feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSThaUt80Bc

One of the girls mentioned the term "chinese privilege", I very surprised because it is the first time I hear of this term in Singapore, seriously I have never hear of it from my family, friends, colleagues or even army platoon mates, not during NS and not during reservist.

I probably didn't live under a rock right, I mean people around me didn't mention it at all lol.

But thinking about it, Chinese where got privilege, I Chinese but I don't feel privileged leh, education, job, NS, housing all no difference leh, where got privilege? Eat at hawker all have to queue, go toilet all same toilet, go hospital all same hospital, GST 8% all kena, income tax property tax all same, where got privilege?

If you have money then you got privilege, you can afford better quality of life, that's the only privilege I can see and feel.

I also don't know this "chinese privilege" appear from where, but seems like the video is 4 years ago, probably died off after all these years.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks