Watch Out for Gaslighter at Workplace

Recently at work I keep getting blamed for getting things wrong even though I'm pretty sure I did my homework and exercised due diligence, to the point I don't even dare to say or do too much, now everything I just okok and follow instruction to the letter, but even so also will be blamed lol wtf, it's like go left die, go right also die, don't move still die, really smlj, how to work like that.

Turns out there is actually a term for this nonsense, welcome to Gaslighting.

https://www.betterup.com/blog/gaslighting-at-work

So what is gaslighting? At its core, gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation. The gaslighter (the person doing the gaslighting) manipulates the gaslightee (the person being gaslighted) in a way that forces them to question their own version of events and even their own sanity.

Gaslighting also happens in the workplace. For example, a boss who says they don’t remember you submitting a deliverable, even though you handed it to them a few hours ago. By making other people question their own memories, gaslighters use your insecurities to try and control you.

Basically my immediate supervisor keep flipping his words, let's call him the senior tech lead, and mind you I'm not the only one confused by him, even the project manager and the business analyst also confused by him, how I know? The project manager came to me and told me in private. Sanity restored. If I'm the only one confused, I nothing to say, but now 3 person confused by him, tells a lot about this guy.

How this guy operates is everything he only say verbally, no documentation, no record, doesn't respond to email, even if he does respond it's just "yes" or "no". I asked him to list down what he want to convey in point form or draw diagram, until now nothing, see what game he is playing? He probably don't dare to commit because he is clueless.

I have absolutely no idea how this guy can be a senior tech lead or heck even a tech lead, I can tell his technical knowledge and skill are well below me because his tech stack and solutioning thought process still seems to be stuck in the 1990s or early 2000s.

Anyway I have given up all hope, will put in maximum effort for tomorrow's interview so I can quickly throw letter, I want nothing to do with this company or this guy, no wonder all the projects burning, you have this kind of clueless guy making decision, sure die.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks