HR Manager Called

So she wanted to find out how come I asked for 15-20% increment, so I shared with her the current situation, people leaving, expanded job scope and etc and she also surprised that I'm the one and only engineer left and she asked if there will be new people coming in I told her got interview one guy but not confirm also because that guy is a foreigner so need to clear another security level even if we want to hire him so it's like 50-50, then also not sure if there will be another guy coming in since 2 engineers tendered.

Then she told me it's impossible to get 15-20% increment so I told her I will not renew the contract and I will work until Sep, then she said even though she said impossible but let her check with the company, I also told her that 15-20% was when one guy tendered, now that another guy tendered and there's no certainty of hiring people, I am asking for 25% increment instead.

Then she said don't close the chapter yet, let her check, haha, I told her still have 2 months so she can see what she can do lor.

Anyway it's 25% or bye bye for me, nobody in their right mind is going to carry the whole project with the same pay or even a beggar 3-5% increment or maybe someone desperate for a job will who knows, but for me might as well explore outside, lower pay never mind but fair job scope also better, why risk mental and physical health for peanuts, there must be a huge incentive for me or even anyone to consider staying. Or just take a long break, damn shag working from shit project to shit project.

If you are wondering what my job scope is, I am covering:

  • Multiple physical sites including the server racks i.e. data centres and offices.
  • Multiple lease lines across the physical sites.
  • Multiple environments i.e. development, staging, production and etc.
  • Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly preventive maintenance, some are covered by other vendors so I also need to liaise with multiple vendors.
  • All of the hardware in the racks, COTS products, agency's application system. COTS itself already a huge list, hardware another huge list, EOSL, license renewal, cert renewal.
  • 24x7 duty.
  • Gather data for weekly and monthly reporting.
  • Software upgrade/patch.
  • OS patching for Windows and RHEL.
  • Incident reporting. Incident is not just infra incident, even app incident we also have to cover, wtf right.
  • Service reporting. Every action have to submit one form lol.
  • Ad-hoc request like check this check that, apply license, troubleshoot app (yeah you got that right, I have to help the app team troubleshoot their app, wtf right), update documents, update diagrams, take meeting minutes (wtf right, secretary job sia) and whatever nonsense the managers are too lazy or useless to do, they are as good as bedridden and semi-comatose so must spoon feed everything.
  • Entertain the useless managers retarded questions and tell them off for playing Santa Claus (yes man to agency).
Not sure if I covered everything but does the above sound like one person's job? I didn't even list down the whole COTS and hardware list, you will be shocked. Hahaha.

Like tonight for example, need to run graveyard hours to patch all the Windows and RHEL, upgrade the webservers and liaising with one vendor to upgrade one of the security products. Siao.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buy Toto $20 Win $20

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore