Received Confirmation Letter

End of this month I would have completed 3 months in my new job, I have also received my confirmation letter so starting from next month I will probably be able to take leave and MC, but no plan for leave, MC I don't bother unless really sick until cannot walk. Anyway these 3 months I never take any leave, only that one day when I had sudden abdominal pain but good thing my boss cover for me so no need to take any leave.

So until now, still same, people all very nice even customers all very friendly and approachable, recently I even received a compliment from the customer, a bit strange for me because in my last job I don't get any compliment no matter how well I do, or how proactive, at most get a "thanks" and that's it, it's like do well is expected, don't do well is your fault, and there was hardly any team work, have the feeling of every man for himself, boss suck, colleagues, customers suck, environment suck.

But whatever, it's over, super glad I made the decision to quit and move on, otherwise I won't get to move on to a better company.

Well, nothing is perfect, behind every rosy picture there is always a stain somewhere, this is always the case.

To be honest in my current job where everything seems like so nice and all, got one guy working with me is the super cannot make it type, a China FT by the way. I have this knack for identifying smoksters within 5 minutes of conversation, people who know me won't even try to smoke me, but too bad for him he don't know me, in fact he only joined about one month or so after I joined, anyway I didn't expose him, I'm not the backstabber type, I believe in allowing things to unravel by itself, don't even need me to lift a finger or say a word and indeed, he unraveled himself.

Looking at his credentials I really shake head, how in the world did he manage to smoke through all those companies, how in the world did he even manage to get into my current company lol.

He holds a Master's degree in Computer Software Engineering. He talked to me about Pascal programming language, he is only two years older than me, if 10 years or more age difference I can understand, but people of my age group already started with Java, in fact from late 1990s Java was already the thing, Pascal long dead. Red alert number 1.

When interviewing a temp staff, he insisted that I go with him, he asked me to test the temp staff on HTML and CSS, seriously HTML and CSS also need to test. Red alert number 2.

Whatever I do, he only copy, he cannot form his own judgement, cannot form his own words, cannot form his own sentence, monkey see monkey do, I send email out to users then he just copy mine and send, this kind of standard can be higher job grade than me. Seriously. Red alert number 3.

I shared with him project documents related to his scope, I ask him got read or not, he say yes, understand or not, he say yes, then go user meeting as if starting from scratch ask questions that he would have known if he had read the documents, even the user also unhappy about him asking the kind of back to square one questions. Red alert number 4.

During user meeting he can't even differentiate an interface from internet banking, people talking about system to system interface, he talking about internet banking which is more for end user, he lucky the users also very tolerant and nice type, if he kena the users from my last job, he sure get torn apart. Red alert number 5.

During another user meeting, people discussing about the project, he go surf some China travel website to buy plane ticket for his nephew, seriously, of all times got to do that in a user meeting, power pack, use working hours to deal with personal matter, complete lack of professionalism. Red alert number 6.

Actually there are many many things that I noticed, not that I so kpo want to observe him but it is just too obvious, if have to list down I think very long page. Heck to think I even tried to avoid seeing him and yet I can notice so many things jia lat man.

His Linkedin page shows that he worked for big names, I really very curious how he managed to smoke his way through, obviously his technical knowledge is questionable, management skill is non-existent, I think any one of the interns in my company also can do better than him. Another possibility is he faked his credentials.

Honestly, he gives me the feeling that he is some sort of hillbilly from a China rural area, fake credentials, fake his way through, see recently the gay HIV positive Temasek Poly lecturer Farrera-Brochez also managed to fake his way around for 10 years, what the hell is our authorities doing.

And also every time lunch like to tell me how great China is, tell me Huawei phone better than iPhone, seriously who cares, and also seriously if China so good why come to SG, really spoil my mood lunching with him, so nowadays I don't even bother to lunch with him.

But I think soon he will be gone, my current company not one that you can smoke your way through, maybe interview somehow can get through, but they will assign you to real project and really let go and let you handle it, it's entirely up to you to show result, earlier this week he got reprimanded by my boss, he spent a few weeks basically producing nothing, then just now I learned that yesterday, today and tomorrow he on MC, and just so happened that yesterday morning supposed to have a meeting with user, and tomorrow also user meeting, so zhun.

Then just now boss came to me and asked me about his progress, and after that when we were alone, suddenly asked me about my opinion of that guy, I hesitated because I don't want to badmouth people behind their back, I just say he not very proactive and that's about it, then boss hinted me, I immediately know what he is trying to say, I think he also noticed what I noticed, then eventually I just spoke bluntly and say I don't think that guy got do project before, boss smiled and walked away, I think he just want to confirm that he is not the only who notice something amiss, but I think he no need to confirm on this part, me and him are not the only one who noticed, another young boy kept hinting me, another uncle also hinted me but both I tactfully ignored, but now even my boss also hinted me then I suppose that's it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks