Changed My Starhub XS Plan to $25 Sim Only

The contract for my line ended on 31 Mar 2020, I took leave to go Starhub shop to change the line, to my surprise the service staff told me on the last day if want to change, there will be a S$25 termination charge. Alamak, good thing is I have too much leave, so go walk walk with family also not bad, take a break from the never-ending work.

Previously my wife's line I also did on the last day of her contract, but maybe Starhub changed their policy, well they did have a clause saying they reserve the right to change their policy at any time. So you guys take note to do whatever you need to do AFTER your contract end, no more last day. I even called Starhub 1633 just to double confirm, the phone support confirmed I can only do after my contract end, otherwise there will be a charge, he also told me I can actually change to no sim plan online.

So today I went to Starhub website, did the change, quite straightforward, so easy, like this actually don't even need to go to their shop.

I also changed my broadband from 1Gbps (S$39.90) to 500Mbps (S$29.90), but strangely this keeps getting error, end up I use the Starhub mobile app and managed to submit my recontract, phew, lucky no need to go to their shop.

I noticed one thing different from my wife's no sim plan, hers have unlimited weekend data with no end date, mine is free for 12 months only, after that have to pay S$6 per month, not sure if it applies to her too, but anyway this free weekend data kind of useless to us, for us 3GB we can't even use finish, not to mention now we have 5GB+10GB, if really need to pay S$6 a month, will just cancel it haha.

So now my mobile and broadband, from total of S$106.70 + S$39.90 = S$146.60, reduced to S$50 + S$29.90 = S$79.90.

One month can save S$66.70, one year can save S$800.40.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to see your post again, hope you and your family is well.
Yeah, I also changed a couple of months back. Think the major telcos' share gana diluted by the small players so bo bian faster come out with these.
Thanks. Stay safe, stay healthy, now have to stay home haha.

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks