I Actually Got Promoted

Today boss gave out the appraisal letter, bonus is 1.75, 0.25 more than last year, didn't expect that at all, thought this year bonus going to be really bad or none at all because last year was undoubtedly a very bad year for all sectors.

Then increment is about 9.09%, which is a tiny bit higher than last year, also didn't expect that at all, thought maybe 3-5%.

So seems like both bonus and increment are above my expectation, I mean last year was really a terrible year and my project was burning crispy so I wasn't expecting much.

And, I also got promoted, maybe that's why the increment is pushed higher due to this, but I really don't see how the new title will change anything, all along I feel like a one man team, everything have to do myself, give me a managerial title not sure what's the point, who am I managing? myself? Jeez. Or Chief Executive Officer of Myself? Seriously.

I mean in my previous company, when a person holds a managerial title, that person is actually managing a team or a few teams, so I don't quite get it, or maybe because my pay grade reached a certain amount then they must put my title higher, maybe.

Now I'm still thinking whether to throw letter or not, just now told my wife about the bonus, increment and promotion, she say maybe just stay on for a while more, now I'm hesitating, was actually pretty determined to throw already, but bonus and increment is actually good for such a difficult time.

I think this company really terrible, but then the bonus and increment is decent, can't see why I should throw letter, and there is still a mid year bonus for me too, hmm, or maybe spend this weekend enjoying, if I remember to throw then throw, if don't feel the urge then stay, no need to think too much.

Anyway, all the best to all, hope everyone do well and stay healthy, hope we have a great 2021.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats bro! Typically annual increment is to covered inflation so 3-5% is norm. But now most company adopt once a year bonus, unless government sector. Surprise that yours still splitting twice a year, probably a strategy to hold employees back.... I would advise you to keep looking out. Seems alot of opportunity for IT sector especially during these times. Business realized IT can help address quite a fair bit of the current pandemic. All the best!
Yeah, I think now do IT consider lucky, thanks man!

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks