Hades Canyon Overheating Fixed?

https://marrythaigirlsingapore.blogspot.com/2021/02/thermal-throttling-on-my-hades-canyon.html

https://marrythaigirlsingapore.blogspot.com/2021/02/bought-ugreen-usb-30-to-rj45-gigabit.html

I tried replacing the thermal paste with a cheapo thermal paste, also tried buy an external network card, unfortunately the CPU temperature still shoots up to 90+ sometimes even 100 when gaming, then the network will auto shutdown, even the external network port will auto shutdown too.

Since today on leave, thought I might as well try a few more things, first is to clean the fans and also make sure the chasis is clean too, realise the fans are damn dirty, see before and after cleaning. Just use a normal cotton bud will do, when the bud breaks off it's actually even better.





Well after cleaning the fans didn't help, temperature is still crazy. So I went into BIOS and changed a few things.

Under the "Cooling" tab, I changed:

Fan Control Mode: Custom

Fan off capability: don't tick

Primary Temperature Sensor: Processor

Minimum Temperature: 60

Minimum Duty Cycle: 30 (picture shows 33 but later I changed back to 30)

Duty Cycle Increment: 2

Secondary Temperature Sensor: PCH (why I put PCH is because the temperature is higher, see left)

Minimum Temperature: 60

Minimum Duty Cycle: 30 (picture shows 33 but later I changed back to 30)

Duty Cycle Increment: 2


Then under "Performance" tab:
Core Voltage offset: 60
Offset Prefix: -


Uncore Voltage Offset: 60
Offset Prefix: -


I also disabled the built-in Intel graphics card since I don't use it:


Now seems like pretty stable, doesn't go over 90 degrees. Hope this is it, have to monitor...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks