Swollen Cheek Got Worse

https://marrythaigirlsingapore.blogspot.com/2022/04/left-cheek-still-swollen.html

I thought by today the swelling should have subsided but it didn't, the swell got a bit larger reaching my lips. That's it, something must be wrong, I called the dentist soon after opening hours and she gave me an early slot.

I hurriedly went to the clinic, the dentist examined my left cheek, one of the tooth was infected, she mentioned that she tried filling earlier on but it didn't help so she needed to clean inside the tooth and also do a cut to remove abscess. Then I realised that I now know why it hurts a bit whenever I bite using that tooth, been like that for quite some time. The inside of the tooth was probably infected for a long time.

She gave me 4 drugs and 2 local anesthetic jabs before the procedures:

  • Arcoxia - pain relief
  • Amoxycillin - antibiotics
  • Metronidazole - antibiotics
  • Dexamethasone - inflammation relief
  • One jab before cleaning the inside.
  • One jab before cutting to remove abscess.

First jab was not so bad, second jab a bit pain as she went quite deep and jabbed a few places.

When she did the cleaning of the inside of the tooth, it was quite comfortable.

Then she did some measurements by placing some pin inside the tooth, I think she was measuring how deep, there's a device beeping whenever she put the pin inside, I guess for preparation of root canal treatment. She also sent me for x-ray.

When she did the cut no pain but when she was squeezing out the abscess, a bit pain as she also squeezed the "bao" on my cheek, maybe she should have jabbed the "bao" too lol, nah just kidding, better not.

She mentioned another appointment to do root canal treatment.

Total charges S$275 for today. Breakdown of the bill:

  • Kin Gingival Mouthwash - wash 3 times a day - S$15
  • 4x Arcoxia - 1 tablet every 24 hours - S$20
  • 15x Amoxycillin - 1 tablet 3 times a day 6 hours apart - S$10
  • 15x Metronidazole - 1 tablet 3 times a day 6 hours apart - S$10
  • 1x Dexamethasone - no charge
  • Pulpectomy - this is the cleaning inside of the tooth - S$120
  • Incision and drainage - this is the cut to remove abscess - S$100

I noticed she didn't charge me for these:

  • 2x local anesthetic jabs - no charge and not in bill
  • X-ray - no charge and not in bill
  • Measurement for root canal.
  • The dexamethasone in the bill is also no charge.

I think it is very nice of her to throw in freebies and prioritise my case. In general I think dentists are nice people, but this dentist is exceptionally good, throughout the procedures she will guide and monitor and check if I'm ok, very skillful and kind. Dentistry is like a fine art, damn bloody expensive as a patient but it's a lifelong skill.

Oh yeah, and the bloody green CHAS card seriously can throw away, complete garbage.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks