19th Day of Looking for Job

https://marrythaigirlsingapore.blogspot.com/2022/07/15th-day-of-looking-for-job.html

Yesterday I went for the "Interview 2", the guy called me up and scheduled a session. He was nice to take the time to explain how their organisation is structured, I think he is looking for someone to help his company do a transformation to keep up with current methodologies so that they can provide faster and cheaper service, told him I'm not suitable as I don't have that kind of experience, it sounded like a huge undertaking like a director level kind of job but I don't think he is going to pay me director level salary, it's way above my head.

I must concede that looking for job is no joke, when I was holding a job, I thought looking for job is easy as pie, but the reality is totally different, it's actually quite stressful. Back in Apr, May and Jun very carefree, but when my brain switch to "looking for job" mode in Jul, the stress and self-doubt started to set in, especially after going for interviews where I'm not suitable for the role, getting questioned for things that I cannot answer on the spot only made it worse.

On the bright side, I did get a lot of calls and quite a few messages from job portals like Monster.com.sg, so far went through 4 virtual interviews, 1 I think got chance, 3 totally gone case, another 2 scheduled for this week, so total 6 interviews.

Anyway have to stay positive, everyday go exercise, keep up with news, learn new things, play some Dota 2 to de-stress.

Update: Got another virtual interview for a total of 7, also this week. Then the "Interview 1" got back to me for a second interview. Like that total count as 8 interviews. To be honest I don't know what to expect for second interview because I never been to one before, maybe this is a good start? https://www.michaelpage.com.sg/advice/career-advice/interview/what-expect-your-second-interview

Hmm or this? This one seems more structured and easier to prepare: https://www.roberthalf.com.sg/career-advice/interview/second-questions

I guess I'll spend the whole of tomorrow to prepare.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks