22nd Day of Looking for Job

https://marrythaigirlsingapore.blogspot.com/2022/07/20th-day-of-looking-for-job.html

Yesterday went for the second interview for "Interview 1". It went well. A few hours later while on the way to meet my ex-boss, the recruiter called me to confirm that it is positive, and also the HR of the company will contact me soon, ask for my certs and whatnot, then they will make an offer. I told the recruiter I meeting my ex-boss for dinner, maybe he interested to rehire me, she told me if ex-boss offer, don't accept too fast, compare "Interview 1" vs ex-boss offer.

Went for dinner with ex-boss, turned out to be 2 hours Omakase dinner, catch up, talk about new trends, some history, pointed out my strength and weakness, discuss why I left, what will happen if I rejoin, overseas assignment, at the same time crafting and polishing the offer on the spot and asked me how much I want lol. I thought he should be asking what is my expected salary like every other recruiter, I a bit loss for words but I told him actually I went for a number of interviews recently and my expected salary in CV is actually same as my last drawn from him. He polished a bit more, said he will give what he gave before and a bit more.

By the way I not into Omakase, never been to one before, I not so high class haha, so I let ex-boss order, while he ordering, I saw the menu, he ordered the priciest, SG$198 per pax, if add service charge and GST, it will be SG$231.66 per pax, so yesterday he probably spent close to SG$500 just for one meal. Really sweat, machiam like eat gold bits.

In the end I accepted his offer, I would be a psychopath to say no to so much sincerity, his only condition is for me to cancel all my interviews and decline any offer, yeah I told him about my "Interview 1" and other scheduled interviews. After the dinner, I dropped all the parties messages saying I accepted a job offer and to cancel/decline.

This morning the HR of "Interview 1" called me to ask for my certs and whatnot and last drawn salary, told her I accepted a job offer from ex-company, I think she didn't get the message because I messaged the recruiter, she sounds a bit pissed off and asked me why I didn't mention during the second interview, told her I didn't know at that time, also asked me why I left my ex-company lol, anyway this is also my fault, so I just apologise, don't know they will blacklist me or not haha.

To be frank I actually feel pretty good to rejoin, actually all the ex-colleagues are nice, it's just the projects are kind of sh**, especially my last one, don't know why every meeting they like to shoot here and there machiam like Royal Rumble, very negative and unprofessional.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats bro on securing a job offer. I have been following your blog posts and i same too have left my last job around the same time as you this year (in March), taken 2~3 months off, and am currently looking for a role to return back to. Happy to see you found a job so fast like within a month of search it kinda inspired me! Thanks!
Hey thanks man!

I think the job market is still pretty good now even with all that news on recession, high inflation, crypto crashing and whatnot, especially the recruiters are very very competitive, you should get lots of calls within 1-2 weeks after you turn on your profiles and start applying on portals like mycareersfuture, jobstreet, indeed and monster (I used these 4). I find that most opportunities came from mycareersfuture and monster.

Hope you find a job soon! All the best!

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks