20th Day of Looking for Job

https://marrythaigirlsingapore.blogspot.com/2022/07/19th-day-of-looking-for-job.html

Due to the very bad Glassdoor reviews on the company of "Interview 2", I went to LinkedIn to search for the company, LinkedIn have this feature where it will show the current and past employees, and one of the past employees happen to be someone I know and get along pretty well from my previous company.

So I messaged this ex-colleague to find out more about the company, this ex-colleague told me the company in a mess now don't try. That explains why the Glassdoor reviews are so bad. Not that every other company don't have its fair share of bad reviews but this one is particularly glaring, I actually got a bit frightened.

After that we chatted a bit more, then this ex-colleague happen to have a position for me, and it's something that interests me, so I thought no harm trying.

Then this ex-colleague went to speak to my ex-boss, the one who gave me a huge increment out of nowhere, I heard he is positive about me rejoining, he actually invited me to dinner tomorrow, really unexpected, a bit stunned, hope it's not another 2-3 hours session, later dinner become supper.

I must say the boss and ex-colleague are very kind, if I tell people this, I don't think many people will believe, it sounds crazy but it just happened.


Comments

Han said…
These days it really depends on not what you know, but who you know.
Networking is super IMPORTANT~~~~
Yeah that is so very true haha.

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks